Please review our rental requirements to make sure you qualify to rent from Budget Rent a Car of Belize.
- Minimum driver’s age of 25
- Maximum driver’s age of 70
- Renters must present a valid driver’s license
- Renters must present valid credit card – Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover.
- All vehicles must remain within Belize. You may not exit the country with a rental car.
Purchase of Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) relieves the customers financial responsibility for loss/damages to the vehicle. Cost varies by car group confirmed. For all renters using a Visa card, LDW is mandatory. Other card holders (American Express, Mastercard, Discover) have the option of a Partial Damage Waiver (PDW) which includes a $750USD non-waiveable excess. Some credit cards provide insurance coverage, with certain limitations, customer is advised to contact the card issuer before the rental.
Rates & Refund
- Rates include unlimited mileage
- The daily rate is the amount paid for each 24 hours
- The “Weekly Rate” applies to rentals for/or exceeding 7 days
- Rates do not include LDW, refueling, taxes or any other charges
There is a sixty (60) minute grace period for vehicle return. After such time, an hourly rate will be charged to the renter.
Traffic Rules and Safety Tips
Highway speed limit is 55mph/90kmh
- Drive on right hand side of road
- Reduce speed on wet roads especially at night time (slippery when wet)
- Always wear a seatbelt while driving
- Always lock car doors when driving and when car is parked
- Keep vehicle parked in a safe and secure area. We are not be responsible for any loss or damages of valuables.
- Do not pickup hitchhikers
- If vehicle is malfunctioning, call us to report the problem
- If you are involved in an accident, do not move or abandon the vehicle until the police and insurance inspector have arrived and notify us immediately.